top of page
  • Writer's pictureN Gauge News

Kernow Model Rail Centre release new, exclusive Scenecraft building

As part of the Graham Farish Scenecraft range, Kernow Model Rail Centre have released the derelict Cornish engine house, based on Baronet's Engine House at Pennance, in N Gauge for the first time.

Pennance Mine lies in the Gwennap Mining District and is situated on the southern slopes of Carn Marth, due south of the converted quarry that is now 'Carn Marth Open Air Theatre'. Formerly known as Wheal Amelia, the area was worked by tinners as early as the 17th century. The mine continued to extract copper until about 1873 - it raised 147 tons of medium grade copper ore in its final year of production. Pennance will always however be classed as a small mine, the tin sold between 1870 and 1872 coming mainly from tinstuff rather than the more usual black tin. The slump in the price of copper in 1866 and the opening of new tin fields overseas sounded the death knell for Pennance Consols and it closed in 1874. Between 1880 and 1881 the sett was reworked under the name of East Buller.

Graham Muspratt, Development Manager said: “The derelict Cornish engine house was very popular in 4mm scale and sold out some time ago it has been much requested hence producing a third batch, and it was a natural choice to also be part of our new expanding range of N Gauge Exclusive Graham Farish Scenecraft buildings.”


The model is exclusive to Kernow Model Rail Centre and available now:


Comments


bottom of page